I had a couple of thoughts this morning as I have prepared for my parents’ visit. They are coming up from my homeland of Northern Virginia to help me establish my apartment as more of a home and less of a place I come to sleep at night.
I have really great parents, I am blessed in so many ways to have two people who I can steadily rely on to help me when I need it. So I’m taking a moment to say thank you for it all. I couldn’t have done or been anything I am now without them and their
Anyways, I had a few thoughts.
- This whole process has been and is so much more exciting because I’m single. I love being single, I have so much less time on my hands because I can do whatever I want, whenever I want, with whomever I please. Meaning I don’t have to turn down plans because “my boyfriend wouldn’t like it.” Psh. I want to be selfish and do what I want to do for a while. That’s what your twenties are for, isn’t it?
- Speaking of men, what is with the gym selfies? BETTER QUESTION! What is with the snap chats featuring your free weights, Nikes, and other random work out paraphernalia? Who is getting off to these? Who is like: oh yeah, see my man at the gym? So hot. Like…I guess that’s what the perceived benefit is, but like, cool? You go to the gym? So do most people? Don’t snap story your entire workout. No one cares. Also, gym selfies are douchey as hell. Please refrain.
- The most basic white girl thing ever is this new fad of getting someone to take a picture of you and then captioning something “clever” in elementary Spanish. Please stop, this is offensively embarrassing to Spanish-speakers, South Americans, Mexicans, and Spaniards everywhere, and white girls who don’t do this. That’s right, you’re so embarrassing, you’re offensive. “Sit down” – Kendrick Lamar.
- Why am I so adult? The cynicism. It burns.
- Stripper Scientist is bringing me a handle of Tito’s. Yas.
My parents are due to arrive in an hour. That means I can stop blogging from my living room floor, and start blogging from my living room couch. Like a real adult would.
look at me go.